GuideStone provides a performance-driven, values-based approach to institutional investment management — all built upon the foundation of investment advisory services provided by GuideStone Capital Management, a controlled-affiliate of GuideStone Financial Resources.
Quick facts about GuideStone
- Registered investment advisor, GuideStone Capital Management, was founded in 2000.
- Parent GuideStone Financial Resources was founded in 1918.
- Located in Dallas, Texas, GuideStone Financial Resources employs approximately 500.
- GuideStone Funds is the nation’s largest Christian-screened mutual fund family.
- GuideStone Capital Management manages $12.6 billion AUM (as of June 30, 2016).
- Deep bench of investment professionals with an average of 19 years’ experience.
- GuideStone Funds was the first Christian-screened mutual fund family of its kind to win Lipper’s Best Overall Small Fund Group in the U.S.
GuideStone has a long-standing corporate history. We began utilizing the manager-of-managers approach in 1971, when the first external firm was hired to help oversee a U.S. equity portfolio. Since then, we've continuously broadened and refined our approach to meet the challenges and opportunities presented by global financial markets.
In March 2000, SBC Financial, Inc. was founded as a controlled-affiliate of the Annuity Board of the Southern Baptist Convention and a Registered Investment Advisor under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. SBC Financial, Inc.'s name was officially changed to GuideStone Capital Management in the fall of 2004.
In June 2004, we expanded our territory by making outsourcing solutions available to a broader audience of Christian evangelical churches and ministry organizations.
In May 2014, we expanded our offerings again to include values-minded individuals and institutions seeking investments that were performance-driven and that aligned with their Christian values.
Learn more about the history of GuideStone Funds.
Retail products such as IRAs, personal investment options and institutional investment opportunities are made available through GuideStone Financial Services, member FINRA.